Tutorials still to be updated
The structure of the tutorials will be updated for the Fall 2021 edition of the course.
- Software installation
- Learn how to install Python and Anaconda to get started with web scraping and APIs
- Python Bootcamp
- Learn the basics of using Python
- Workflow for collecting online data
- Plan and prototype your data collection, and reassure yourself the data fits your research purpose.
- Web data for dummies
- A gentle introduction to collecting online data via web scraping and APIs. An absolute must for anybody interested in starting to scrape.
- Web scraping 101
- Learn how to make HTTP requests to a site, loop through multiple pages, and parse content to a CSV file
- APIs 101
- Learn how to make a connection to an API, retrieve data, and parse it to CSV files
- Web scraping Advanced
- Learn how to simulate browser usage by remote-controlling Chrome using chromedriver.
- APIs Advanced
- Learn how to obtain data from APIs that require authentication